Burns Night Starter
Haggis Bon Bon with Crabbie’s Original alcoholic ginger beer & beetroot
Oven 180c | Gas 5
200gr Good quality haggis
50gr panko bread crumbs
1pk cooked beetroot
100ml Crabbie’s Original alcoholic ginger beer
2 tbsp Apple sauce
1 egg beaten
50gr plain flour
50gr panko breadcrumbs
1. Chop up haggis and mash whilst raw shape into 12 small bon bon shapes.
2. Roll into flour then coat in beaten egg then roll in the breadcrumbs until coated.
3. Spray an oven tray lightly with oil and place bon bons on pop in oven for 15-20min until golden brown.
4. Meanwhile chop beetroot and put in a blender add the Crabbie’s until a soft puree season with salt & pepper to taste.
5. When serving add a teaspoon of apple sauce just to secure the bon bon on the plate and serve the beetroot puree at the side. You can also serve with a side salad.
Recipe created by Jacqueline O’Donnell